5 mar 2026

ESPA 1. Everyday English A1–A2 ⚽ | Sports, Free Time & the PLAY–GO–DO Challenge

Everyday English A1-A2 | Sports, Free Time & -ING | NeuroEnglishMMP
CEFR A1-A2 · Beginner / Elementary English

EVERYDAY ENGLISH

Sports · Free Time · Likes & -ING

Build useful everyday English step by step through reading, listening, grammar, vocabulary, writing and a speed challenge.

@NeuroEnglishMMP
Your A1-A2 Learning Roadmap

What will you learn today?

Follow the route in order or return to the section you need to practise.

1. Intro: Free Time & Sports

English audio · 0.85×

Free time is very important for our health. Many people choose to stay active and do sports to feel good. Hobbies are the best way to unplug from work and study. Let's see what Mary and Donna do...

Mary: What do you do in your free time?

Donna: I do sports. I play tennis and I do karate.

Mary: Oh karate! I don't like karate, but I like tennis. I think that karate is dangerous.

Donna: I don't agree. Karate is not dangerous. It is a very safe sport.

Mary: I also do sports. I go to the gym and I do aerobics.

Reading Check: Choose the correct option

1. What sport does Donna play with a ball?

2. Why does Mary dislike karate?

3. Does Donna think karate is dangerous?

2. The Big Three: Play, Go, Do

⚽

PLAY

Ball Sports & Games

  • • Football
  • • Tennis
  • • Basketball
  • • Golf
  • • Rugby
  • • Baseball
  • • Volleyball
  • • Hockey
  • • Badminton
  • • Chess
🏄

GO

Activities with -ING

  • • Swimming
  • • Cycling
  • • Skating
  • • Skiing
  • • Surfing
  • • Running
  • • Jogging
  • • Hiking
  • • Sailing
  • • Climbing
🧘

DO

Individual / Martial Arts

  • • Aerobics
  • • Karate
  • • Gymnastics
  • • Taekwondo
  • • Yoga
  • • Judo
  • • Athletics
  • • Kung Fu
  • • Archery
  • • Exercise

🧠 Visual Mnemonic: The Sports Triangle

⭕

CIRCLE = BALL

Think of PLAY for many ball sports and games.

➡️

ARROW = MOTION

Think of GO + -ING for many activities.

💎

DIAMOND = SELF

Think of DO for many activities such as martial arts and exercise.

💡

Learning tip: Agrupa los ejemplos en tres familias (PLAY, GO y DO), recuérdalos sin mirar y después comprueba tus respuestas. La recuperación activa puede ayudarte a fijar mejor estas combinaciones.

1. Peter siempre football on Tuesdays.

2. My brothers usually cycling at the weekend.

3. Lucy volleyball and tennis at school.

4. People who taekwondo are very disciplined.

3. Reading: Alison's Free Time

Alison is . She in Blyth, a town in the north of England. Alison is 25 years old. She is a student. She Spanish and French. Alison likes sports and travelling. She loves the piano. She plays the piano on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays. On Thursdays she swimming.

4. Likes & Hates: The -ING Rule

Acción vs Nombre

Cuando expresamos gustos u odios sobre una **acción**, el verbo acompañante debe terminar en **-ING**.

I like swimming.

She likes playing golf.

I don't like running.

He doesn't like doing yoga.

ING Spelling Rules

1. Normal: Just add -ING

go → going / do → doing / watch → watching

2. Ends in E: Remove E + ING

write → writing / drive → driving / cycle → cycling

3. C-V-C (Double Consonant):

run → running / stop → stopping / swim → swimming

1. Linda football.

2. I golf.

3. Richard likes English.

4. Richard hates early.

🧘 Neuro-Break!

Mira lejos de la pantalla durante 15 segundos. Descansa la vista, cambia de postura y vuelve con atención al desafío final.

5. Speed Sorter Challenge 🕹️

Self-Check: How ready do you feel?

Not ready Very ready

6. Writing Lab: About You! ✍️

Learning step: move from understanding examples to producing your own English.

Your Final Paragraph:

Empieza a escribir arriba...

7. Learning Checklist: My Progress

I can identify Ball Sports (Play).
I know when to use -ING activities (Go).
I can apply the spelling rules for -ING.
I can write my own sports routine.
Next Step
🚀

Keep Your A1-A2 English Moving

You have practised sports, free time, likes and -ING. Continue with more ESPA and beginner English resources from NeuroEnglish.

Valora esta actividad

★★★★★
Flags

@NeuroEnglishMMP · A1-A2 ENGLISH

© 2026 Manuel Molina Porlán. All rights reserved. Part of the NEUROEDUCATION Educational Publishing Project. Original articles, educational materials, activities, illustrations and multimedia content are protected by intellectual property legislation.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario